1. Do you know Eco- friendly?
Our collection of Eco-friendly products consists of items made from a blend of organic or recycled materials, with a minimum of 70% of these materials in use. Some of the materials we currently offer include organic cotton, recycled cotton, recycled polyester, recycled nylon, and fabric blends of organic cotton and recycled polyester.
2. What type of ink is suitable for your printing needs?
An Overview DTG products:
We utilize Kornit Water-based and NeoPigment inks, which are Oeko-Tex™ certified for our DTG products. This certification ensures the inks are safe for printing on children’s clothing and minimize environmental waste. Additionally, these inks deliver a high washing colorfast AATCC rating of 4, ensuring the print quality remains vivid even after multiple washes.
An Introduction to Sublimation Printing Products:
Our sublimation printing products are created using Mimaki Dye Sublimation Ink Sb411 and Sawgrass SubliJet HD ink, both of which are Oeko-Tex™ certified. In addition, we sometimes employ MYSUBLI-E Sublimation Transfer Ink for certain sublimation products.
Look into Phone Case Printing:
Our printing process for phone cases involves the use of Mimaki UV Inkjet Ink Lus 120, which has obtained GREENGUARD Gold certification. This means that the ink meets the gold certification standards for building materials, finishes, and furnishings.
When producing posters, we utilize Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink, which holds GREENGUARD Gold certification. This means that the ink has undergone testing and is proven to meet rigorous safety and environmental standards for indoor use.
Some Other Non-Apparel Products:
We use Sawgrass SubliJet HD ink for mugs, and for selected non-apparel products such as stickers and canvas, we use EPSON SC80610/80600 ink.
3. Vegan Eco-friendly Products: Do you offer any?
Our catalog offers exclusively animal product-free items. Additionally, Stanley/Stella products and select items from our eco-friendly collection are certified as PETA-Approved Vegan. If a product holds this certification, it will be indicated in the product description.
4. Supplier Partnerships: Who are your current partners?
Our apparel brand guide contains sustainability information for some of our most popular clothing suppliers. We prioritize partnering with suppliers that create durable, high-quality products that maintain print vibrancy and fabric softness even after multiple washes.
5. Disposal of Damaged Products, Unclaimed Returns, and Fabric Scraps
- In 2020, we established partnerships with waste management service providers Geocycle and Martex to manage fabric waste in our Tijuana and Charlotte facilities. Through these partnerships, we recycled 206,737 pounds (93,774 kilograms) of fabric waste within the first year.
- In 2021, we implemented recycling solutions for our Los Angeles, Barcelona, and Riga facilities, which allowed us to recycle a total of 649,298 pounds (131,665 kilograms) of waste last year.
- Whenever feasible, we donate damaged and returned products to local charities, such as the Red Cross, the American Kidney Fund, and Goodwill.
6. Sourcing and Verifying Organic and Recycled Materials in Our Eco-friendly Products
- Our eco-friendly product collection includes items that are made of at least 70% organic or recycled materials, such as organic cotton, recycled cotton, recycled polyester, recycled nylon, and organic cotton/recycled polyester fabric blends.
- To verify the material content of our eco-friendly products, we collect valid certificates from our suppliers. For products with organic composition, we accept either GOTS or OCS certificates. For products with recycled composition, we accept either GRS or RCS certificates.
Understanding the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS):
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is a globally recognized standard for textile processing that covers ecological and social criteria for organic fibers. It requires independent third-party certification of the entire textile supply chain and sets limitations on other fibers that can be blended with organic fibers.
About the Organic Content Standard (OCS):
The Organic Content Standard (OCS) is a globally recognized certification that confirms the presence of organic material in non-food products. This standard ensures that the entire supply chain from the source of the organic material to the final product is tracked and verified.
Know About “Global Recycled Standard (GRS) and Recycled Claim Standard (RCS):
Internationally recognized voluntary standards, the Recycled Claim Standard (RCS) and Global Recycled Standard (GRS), certify the inclusion of recycled content in products and their supply chains. The use of recycled materials is encouraged by both standards. Chemical limitations are one set of extra criteria in the GRS along with social and environmental processing requirements.
7. OEKO-TEX Certification for Our Products.
Our products are certified by OEKO-TEX®, one of the world’s leading textile safety labels, and are free from hazardous chemicals. You can find the certification label in the product description. Additionally, we use OEKO-TEX® certified inks and thread for our embroidery designs.